Problems running Calabash pipelines with oXygen 12.1

From: Philip Fennell <Philip.Fennell@marklogic.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 05:24:00 -0800
To: XProc Dev <xproc-dev@w3.org>
I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem:

With oXygen 12 I had a set of XProc pipelines that retrieved XHTML pages (p:http-request) from an application running on localhost. The pages have a standard DOCTYPE declaration before the document element:

and all was right with the world.

I've since (last night) updated to 12.1 and I get the following error message when I run the same pipelines:

SystemID: C:\Users\pfennell\Projects\OECD\eoi\src\test\http-accept-chrome8.xpl
Engine name: Calabash XProc
Severity: error
Description: net.sf.saxon.s9api.SaxonApiException: I/O error reported by XML parser processing null: Read timed out (http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd) Read timed out (http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd)

There's nothing different about the pipelines. I initially thought, when I saw the problem, that it was because I was running the tests without an internet connection (so it couldn't dereference the DTD) but the problem is there regardless of the connection. If I remove the DOCTYPE declaration from the response then the tests run quite happily.

I tried reverting to 12.0 but to no avail I'm afraid. So, I'm not sure what's happened to my PC (Windows 7 Professional and Java SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_18-b07)) but it's sure not doing what it used to do, and I'm rightly disappointed too.

I will cross check these findings with my Mac which has not been upgraded to 12.1

Regards

Philip Fennell
Consultant

Mark Logic Corporation