W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > xproc-dev@w3.org > January 2011

Re: Baffling error with http-request

From: George Cristian Bina <george@oxygenxml.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 15:08:34 +0200
Message-ID: <4D246D52.4000107@oxygenxml.com>
To: Tony Rogers <tony@gonk.net>
CC: Romain Deltour <rdeltour@gmail.com>, XProc Dev <xproc-dev@w3.org>
Hi Tony,

Have you got this working outside oXygen?

I tested putting the content of that URL 
(http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/40568/) in a local file and then 
passing that through an identity step and it works ok in oXygen, the 
catalog gets called and it resolves the DTD to a local copy.
However, if I use your sample that reads the content directly from the 
original URL I get the same error as you and the catalog is not used. So 
I am wondering is the http-request step uses the entity resolver set on 
Calabash... from these tests it seems it goes not use it.

Best Regards,
George
-- 
George Cristian Bina
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com

On 12/1/10 10:52 PM, Tony Rogers wrote:
> Hello Romain & Others,
>
> So, according to the thread you linked (quoted below), Oxygen should not
> be giving me the error that I am getting. It says it should pass its
> catalogs to Calabash automatically.
>
> However, the default catalog options appear to be fine. I was still
> getting the error so I started explicitly adding every XHTML 1.1
> catalog. I did this both for the Document Type Associations settings and
> the general XML Catalog settings. I’m still getting the same old
> annoying error:
>
>     “SystemID:
>     /Users/amrogers/Developer/Projects/oXygen_workspace/edu.umd/terpconnect/model/documents/201008/INFM298I/Final
>     Project/xproc.xpl
>     Engine name: Calabash XProc
>     Severity: error
>     Description: net.sf.saxon.s9api.SaxonApiException:
>     org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpException: 404 Not Found for:
>     http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml-datatypes-1.mod 404 Not Found
>     for: http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml-datatypes-1.mod”
>
>
> I don’t know what else to do. This is just a simple HTTP request but
> everything in my pipeline (and this class project) depends on it. And
> the fact that it mentions a SaxonApiException does not comfort me at all
> either…
>
> —Tony
>
>
> On Nov 29, 2010, at 11:05 AM, Romain Deltour wrote:
>
>> See this thread for how to use an XML catalog with Calabash (also when
>> used with oXygen):
>> http://markmail.org/thread/che45zm7vge3p5ka
>>
>> BR,
>> Romain.
>>
>> Le 29 nov. 10 à 16:43, Inigo Surguy a écrit :
>>
>>> Look at the source of http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/ - it has a
>>> reference to http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd at the top
>>> in its doctype:
>>>
>>> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN"
>>> "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">
>>>
>>> That file, in turn, references xhtml-datatypes-1.mod.
>>>
>>> Calabash (or rather, the underlying XML parser) is trying to load the
>>> doctype to see if there's anything relevant to the XML within it.
>>>
>>> Vojtech is right - you should use an XML catalog so a local version of
>>> the doctype is used. I'm afraid I don't know offhand how to set that
>>> up with Calabash, but I hope I've made it a bit clearer why it's going
>>> wrong at least.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>
>>> Inigo
>>>
>>> On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 3:32 PM, Tony Rogers <tony@gonk.net> wrote:
>>>>
>>>> On Nov 29, 2010, at 12:25 AM, Andrew Welch wrote:
>>>>
>>>> There's nothing at the end of the url..... Try getting that file
>>>> yourself.
>>>>
>>>> No, that's just it…I requested no files from w3.org anywhere in my
>>>> pipeline.
>>>>
>>>> I have no idea why that URL is popping up in the error.
>>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
Received on Wednesday, 5 January 2011 13:09:38 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 5 January 2011 13:09:39 GMT