Re: p:exec -- can it apply to only selected parts of input using a loop?

Interesting.

Thanks for the responses,

Indigo,, I wonder if they had been asked what p:modifyNodes does in relation
to a xml document if they would use the word maybe less. I like your poll.

Mozer, I agree with your points

Vojtech,, although I understand your points fully they speak to me that
viewport is talking about something other than xml documents.

I should add that initially thought it had something to do with the ports,
like source port output port that xproc uses in steps as I had become
familiar with xproc for sometime before knowing about the step.

Hans.. I hear ya!

I admit I can work with viewport, just wonder how many people are going to
scratch their heads wondering how they do a simply thing like modify some
nodes in an xml document until they search the xproc dev list for modify
nodes or something term like that and read these posts about viewport.
Anyway if that happens in the future let us know so we can laugh about it.
Alas I suppose the xproc book will answer such questions in the future.

I better get back to work :)

Regards
Alex

--
Alex
-----

A Bafila, is two rivers flowing together as one:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bafila/125611807494851