Calabash: adding redundant namespaces to p:xslt ?

From: Manfred Staudinger <manfred.staudinger@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 01:01:38 +0200
To: xproc-dev <xproc-dev@w3.org>
Hi List,

Recently I wanted to add a p:xslt step to my pipeline and first tested
the stylesheet standalone. The input document has a c:file root with
elements in a prefixed namespace mixed with those in no-namespace. The
output should have the same root with some child elements in
no-namespace, nothing difficult. The stylesheet starts with:
   <xsl:stylesheet version="2.0"
      xmlns:c="http://www.w3.org/ns/xproc-step"
      xmlns:dwf="DWF-Manifest:6.0"
      exclude-result-prefixes="dwf"
When I added the transformation to my pipeline, I found the output had
changed. Every child element had added three namespace declarations to
it:
      xmlns:cx="http://xmlcalabash.com/ns/extensions"
      xmlns:dwfx="http://schemas.dwf.autodesk.com/dwfx/2006/11"
which are declared on the pipeline root element (p:declare-step) but
not on the stylesheet nor its input document. To get rid of this
annoyance I had to specify
      exclude-result-prefixes="dwf cx dwfx xs"
but this makes the stylesheet invalid outside the xproc:
      XTSE0808: Namespace prefix cx has not been declared

Is there a better way to handle this or to avoid the implicit
declaration of those namespaces altogether? (Using Calabash 0.9.22)

Thanks in advance,

Manfred