Parameter value from an input port

From: Florent Georges <fgeorges@fgeorges.org>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 00:31:36 +0100
To: XProc Dev <xproc-dev@w3.org>

  I am struggling with a simple problem, related to passing a
parameter to a step.  Let's assume I have the following step

  The step has an input port, and calls another step, setting its
source port, and passing the parameter p.  The value of p must be
the value of a sub-element of the input port.  Let's say the
input port is bound to a document like:

and I want to pass the value of doc/foo as the value of the
parameter p (in pseudo notation, if the port was bound to a
variable, something like select="$input/doc/foo").

  I am sure this is a simple problem, and yet I cannot find an
answer.  Any idea?