RE: Can a pipeline 'call' itself?

From: Philip Fennell <Philip.Fennell@marklogic.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2010 13:33:47 -0700
To: mozer <xmlizer@gmail.com>, "HILLMAN, Tomos" <tomos.hillman@oup.com>
CC: "xproc-dev@w3.org" <xproc-dev@w3.org>
Tomos wrote:

> On that note, does anyone have any principles or rules of thumb as
> to when it's best to use xproc and when it's best to do something
> using xslt?

In my experience, if the XProc 'transformation' you are attempting starts to feel too complicated then you've already crossed the line and you should consider taking a few steps back (no pun intended) and whip-up a quick bit of XSLT that would more concisely achieve what you're after.

Regards

Philip

On that note, does anyone have any principles or rules of thumb as to when it's best to use xproc and when it's best to do something using xslt?

I would say always use XProc

Even if you end up having only one XSLT step in the pipeline, it's already worth

Xmlizer