Calabash - How to avoid Scientific Notation for large numbers . . ?

From: Christopher.R.Ball <christopher.r.ball@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 00:26:25 -0500
To: XProc Dev <xproc-dev@w3.org>
I am extracting content from a relational database (MySQL) for analysis
using xProc, but one little wrinkle I had not for seen is Calabash seems
to want to give me large numbers (over a million) using scientific
notation which is a pit of a problem when I am using those numbers to
manage the pagination from the relational database. In other words, I am
grabbing 5,000 rows at a time and slowly working my way up through a
table with 57 million rows, but calabash starts giving me numbers such
as "2.1E6" which the relational database can not handle.

I have created a working around by building the large numbers as strings
(e.g. concat('2100','000') but that adds some unpleasant complexity.

Grateful for any hints or insights,