Re: Calabash: cache the compiled pipeline

Op 18-11-2010 12:03, Florent Georges schreef:
> On 17 November 2010 21:29, Norman Walsh wrote:
>
>    Hi,
>
>> Assuming I wanted to make caching compiled pipeline easier in
>> V2, what would you suggest?
>     From a user point of view, I think all I want is something
> similar to the model introduced by JAXP and extended by S9API:
> you compile the pipeline to an in-memory representation of the
> pipeline, without anything supporting a specific one evaluation
> (like the JAXP's Templates, or Saxon's XsltExecutable).

I was thinking along similar lines, but would like to add the
possibility of having references to (shared) compiled libraries (or
compiled pipelines within libraries). However, I don't see a simple way
to do this.

Another thought, which came up just a couple of minutes ago, is to
serialize the state of a compiled Pipeline or create java bytecode as a
product from compiling.

Will there soon be a high-tea, with XProc developers and users, to share
ideas? :)

With kind regards,

Edwin de Jong

(btw, sorry for the automagically inserted signature)

Met vriendelijke groet,

Edwin de Jong

Exxellence Group | www.exxellence.nl
Bezoekadres: Welbergweg 80-84 | 7556 PE Hengelo (ov.)
Postadres: Postbus 768 | 7550 AT Hengelo (ov.)
Tel. +31 (74) 25 94 008 | fax. +31 (74) 25 66 424