Re: p:rename problem

From: Nic Gibson <nicg@corbas.net>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 22:35:51 +0100
Cc: xproc-dev@w3.org
To: James Sulak <jsulak@gmail.com>

On 30 May 2010, at 22:30, James Sulak wrote:

> Hi Nic,
> The mistake you made is an easy one to make, even for experienced
> xprocers.  When you use p:with-option, the processor interprets the
> contents of the @select attribute as an xpath expression, and tries to
> evaluate it against the current context.  So, since you are intending
> the contents of @select to be a string and not an xpath expression,
> you should place them in additional quotes to make the expression a
> string literal:

Thank you James

I've hit that error before as well. I really should remember that.
I'm embarrassed that the one feature of Xproc that always seems to get
me confused has done it yet again.

Thanks again

Nic Gibson
Director, Corbas Consulting Ltd
Editorial and Technical Consultancy and Training
http://www.corbas.co.uk, +44 (0)7718 906817