RE: Storing a document mid sequence. Can it be done?

From: <Toman_Vojtech@emc.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 06:34:18 -0500
To: <xproc-dev@w3.org>
> Do you agree with the statement that the log is for logging appended
statements rather than
> a means to output a data file to be used by another process?

Yes - p:log is just a debugging aid, and its behavior is likely to be
very between different XProc implementations. Different XProc
implementations may use different log formats, some may not even output
anything. So I would stay away from p:log if you want to use it for
anything else that debugging your pipelines.

Vojtech