Re: Custom XML formatting?

From: Andrew Welch <andrew.j.welch@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 16:22:11 +0000
To: Tony Rogers <tony@gonk.net>
Cc: XProc Dev <xproc-dev@w3.org>
> What if I want to specify certain elements have 1 attribute per line each?
> What if I want to apply that to certain elements but not others?
> What if I want to apply it to an element only SOMETIMESódepending on
> arbitrary conditions?

Saxon has a few extensions for that sort of thing...
saxon:indent-spaces, saxon:supress-indentation etc.

If you need absolute control, you can supply Saxon with your own class
to handle the serialisation.

You might also want to check out the new serialisation spec to see
what new features are being added:

http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt-xquery-serialization-30/

--
Andrew Welch