RE: XProc confuses me; recommendations for learning?

From: Philip Fennell <Philip.Fennell@marklogic.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 09:53:27 -0800
To: David Priest <docs@davidpriest.ca>, "xproc-dev@w3.org" <xproc-dev@w3.org>
David,

> is the inability to see what the XProc processor is seeing.

The p:log instruction is one possible tool for debugging. The other, if you're using Calabash is the cx:message extension step. The former writes what appears on a port out to a URI and the latter writes to stdout. They're both very useful. Note: in oXygen you need to got to the XML/XProc preferences and select 'Show XProc Messages' is you want to see cx:message output.

Regards

Philip Fennell
Consultant
MarkLogic Corporation