Re: The law of unintended consequences

Norm,

At 02:44 PM 4/16/2010, you wrote:
>Rob Koberg <rob@koberg.com> writes:
> > I did not run it. But I meant to say the xsl:element in the XSL is
> > interpreted differently than literal result elements. It is treated
> > more as a start tag/end tag. How? No clue :)
>
>Close. What happens is the namespace gets excluded so there's no binding
>for c: in the stylesheet so it fails with an undeclared prefix.

That's what I guessed :-), but then I second-guessed myself along the
lines of why should the namespace be excluded?

Is there a rule that says it should, on the grounds that it has been inherited?

If so, what's the rationale for this rule? (If it's that such a
namespace usually doesn't belong in the stylesheet, isn't that
killing a gnat with a blowtorch?)

Cheers,
Wendell