Re: Debugging xproc files

From: Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 11:34:01 +0100
To: Toman_Vojtech@emc.com
Cc: xproc-dev@w3.org
On 16 April 2010 11:30,  <Toman_Vojtech@emc.com> wrote:
>> How to you debug your xproc .. files?
> To be honest, still in a Java debugger most of the time (as the developer of Calumet I can do this :).
Cheat :-)

 Otherwise I just use what XProc provides: p:log and custom extension
steps to display information on stdout/stderr. I am currently working
on debugger API in Calumet, which I hope would make debugging and
inspecting XProc pipelines much easier.

The xslt <xsl:message/> class of extension, fitted in an output port
would suffice to
check the inter-step 'pipes' I think.

Perhaps a feature request for vsn +1?

Dave Pawson