Re: Some hints on the basics

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 13:41:15 -0400
To: XProc Dev <xproc-dev@w3.org>
Wendell Piez <wapiez@mulberrytech.com> writes:
[...]
> Fair enough, but what's the best way to construct a pipeline that
> either (a) aggregates two documents into one and then transforms the
> aggregate,

There are a handful of ways to do that. What kind of aggregation do
you want?

* <p:wrap-sequence>  will put them in the same document

* You can <p:insert> one into the other.

* If you pass both of them to source port of the <p:xslt> step then
  they'll be available in the default collection

I saw p:pack mentioned later in this thread (which I haven't worked
my way entirely through, so apologies if I'm recovering old ground).

For two single documents, p:pack doesn't do much usefully more than
p:wrap-sequence.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Two paradoxes are better than one; they
http://nwalsh.com/            | may even suggest a solution.--Edward