RE: [xml-dev] Serialization of XDM - Use cases / Proposal

Yes, from http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt-xquery-serialization I think my use case
is handled by producing a serialization of an "external general parsed
entity" which can have (element)* in a form such as:

There is some confusing text, however in 5. XML Output Method where it
describes the "reconstructed tree" as different from the result tree:

"if the document was produced by adding a document wrapper, as described
above, then it will contain an extra doc element as the document element."

I did not see in the spec where adding a <doc> tag was part of serialization
- rather it was just shown as a way of describing the use of an external
general parsed entity.

Jim

  _____