Re: [xml-dev] Serialization of XDM - Use cases / Proposal

Its pretty subtle, IMHO but this section to me implies that the nodes in
a sequence are serialized as XML then the resultant text concatenated:

---- QUOTE

If the document node <#dt-node> of the normalized sequence has a single
element node <#dt-node> child and no text node <#dt-node> children, then
the serialized output is a well-formed XML document entity, and the
serialized output *MUST* conform to the appropriate version of the XML
Namespaces Recommendation [XML Names] <#REC-xml-names> or [XML Names
1.1] <#xml-names11>. *If the normalized sequence does not take this
form, then the serialized output is a well-formed XML external general
parsed entity, which, when referenced within a trivial XML document
wrapper like this:*

<?xml version="/version/"?>
<!DOCTYPE doc [
<!ENTITY e SYSTEM "/entity-URI/">