Re: p:value-available not as useful as I'd like. . .

From: Florent Georges <fgeorges@fgeorges.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 15:18:36 +0100
To: mozer <xmlizer@gmail.com>
Cc: "Henry S. Thompson" <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>, xproc-dev <xproc-dev@w3.org>, Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com>
2009/11/29 mozer wrote:

> It's not in the May 28 CR but rather in the last editor's draft

  Oh yes, the editor draft, of course.  Thanks!

  I must admit I had a hard time trying to understand how it is
specified.  Untill I noticed that err:XD0023 is a *dynamic* error.
I think this is quite surprising, but then it is consistent.

  But if I am right, this prevents a processor to compile single
XPath expressions and cache them between several invocations of
the same step.  Is it really intended?  Did I read the draft the
wrong way?

http://www.fgeorges.org/