Re: XProc pipeline for the processing of XProc pipelines

From: Costello, Roger L. <costello@mitre.org>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 14:10:35 -0400
To: "'xproc-dev@w3.org'" <xproc-dev@w3.org>

Interesting idea Roger!

It occurs to me that if one was to create an XProc pipeline for XProc pipelines, it would provide an "authoritative reference guide" to all XProc processor implementers!

/Roger

Hi Folks,

Imagine creating an XProc processor (such as Calabash or Calumet).

That processor must read in an XML document (the .xpl file) and process it. This processing involves taking the XML document (the .xpl file) through a number of steps, and the output is one or more XML documents.

It seems to me that it should be possible to write an XProc pipeline for XProc pipelines.

Has anyone done this?

/Roger