Re: Thoughts on cx:zip

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 07:36:11 -0400
To: XProc Dev <xproc-dev@w3.org>
ht@inf.ed.ac.uk (Henry S. Thompson) writes:

> zip vs. gz vs. bz2 ?

Huh?

Gz and bz2 compress a single file. Zip is an archiving format. And,
significantly, it's the archiving format of Java, OpenOffice and
Microsoft Office 2007+.

You could ask "zip vs .tar.gz vs. .tar.bz2", I guess. But I'd reply
"yeah, zip". Though I suppose someone could extend cx:zip to handle
other archive formats if they felt like it. Obviously, they could
invent new steps, too.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | When dealing with the insane, the best
http://nwalsh.com/            | method is to pretend to be