RE: Feedback from the students in my XProc class

From: Costello, Roger L. <costello@mitre.org>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 08:18:32 -0400
To: "'xproc-dev@w3.org'" <xproc-dev@w3.org>

That's great news Vojtech! I checked out the page you referenced. Looks like you've got seven excellent tools coming out within 3-6 weeks. Fantastic!  /Roger

Hi Roger,

I think I can answer/comment on some of your remarks:

> 2. Need better error messages from Calabash. Debugging XProc
> pipelines was frustrating. There was one error message that
> came up over and over and was particularly frustrating: null
> pointer found. In frustration one person said, "This is not
> ready for prime time."

We are planning to have a debugger in our processor. Can't promise much
about when it (the debugger) is available, but it *will* be there
(because I really I want it :)

> 3. Need more XProc processors. Concern was expressed that
> Calabash is the only XProc processor available at the present time.

In a couple of weeks, there will be two :) See
https://community.emc.com/docs/DOC-3139 for some great (at least I hope)
news.

> 7. Need a WYSIWYG tool.

...did you visit the link I mentioned above? :)

Regards,
Vojtech