From: Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 15:56:46 +0100
To: XProc Dev <xproc-dev@w3.org>
5.10 p:import

An p:import loads a pipeline or pipeline library,

So... I can't (or can I) use an import to simply
import a long list of variables for use within the main pipeline?

It is a static error (err:XS0052) if the URI of a p:import  ... once
retrieved, it does not point to a p:library, p:declare-step, or

How about parameter inputs?

  port = "dp:variables"
  sequence? = "false"
  primary? = "true"
  kind = "parameter">
  href = "myvars.xml />

I guess these parameters are available for use within this step, if
not globally?

Any reason I can't repeat this parameter input for any step that needs
access to these variables?

Dave Pawson
Docbook FAQ.