Re: unbound option bug in Calabash, I think

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 11:18:01 +0100
To: Toman_Vojtech@emc.com
Cc: <xproc-dev@w3.org>

Toman_Vojtech writes:

>> Should this pipeline run w/o error?

> I think so. The option is not required and not used, I think there is no
> problem.

I agree.  We discussed this ages ago -- it is perfectly reasonable for
an engine to provide means for (extension) steps to detect the absence
of non-defaulted optional options, indeed since we allow non-defaulted
optional options, it follows that engines which support extension
steps _must_ provide such a means.

If we weren't in CR, I would argue that this applies to steps defined
with p:declare-step, so we should (have) provided an XPath extension
function p:isBound or p:unbound or whatever. . .

ht
- --
                         Half-time member of W3C Team
                Fax: (44) 131 651-1426, e-mail: ht@inf.ed.ac.uk