Re: ANN: Updated XProc tutorial

From: Florent Georges <fgeorges@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 15:30:08 +0200
To: "Costello, Roger L." <costello@mitre.org>
Cc: "xproc-dev@w3.org" <xproc-dev@w3.org>
2009/5/10 Costello, Roger L. wrote:

> It you have suggestions on how to create HTML slides that is
> as easy as Powerpoint and yielding the same quality of
> content (and high quality HTML, i.e. semantic HTML), I'd
> love to hear them.

  Have a look at http://www.mulberrytech.com/walkthewalk.html.
I think I used the Slides DocBook profile a few years ago and
was happy with the result.  The following are maybe more
recent stuff, but I've never used them:

    http://www.w3.org/Talks/Tools/Slidy/
    http://meyerweb.com/eric/tools/s5/

  I think the later one is based on the first one.  The result
is quite impressive BTW:

    http://meyerweb.com/eric/tools/s5/s5-intro.html

  BTW, I am not sure a presentation format is really the most
adapted for tutorial.  Usually, a plain document, well
structured, remains the best option.

http://www.fgeorges.org/