RE: terminology - assigning a URI to a pipeline's output

From: <Toman_Vojtech@emc.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 09:52:11 -0500
To: <xproc-dev@w3.org>

> So my question is, in this example:
>
> calabash -i source=in.xml -o result=out.xml pipe.xpl
>
> is there an "official" term for the assignment of the result output
> port to the URI "out.xml?"  It's not a "binding," as I understand it.

I don't think there is an offical term for this. This is outside the
scope of the pipeline. The pipeline just "leaks" a bunch of output XML
documents - and that is as far as the XProc spec reaches, IMHO. How the
implementation deals with these documents is entirely implementation
dependendent: it may store them as files; it may put them in a database;
it may stream them; it may discard them; it may post-process them; it
may...

Regards,
Vojtech