writing xsl:result-document results to disk

From: James Sulak <jsulak@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 12:46:03 -0600
To: XProc Dev <xproc-dev@w3.org>
Hello all,

If I call a transform using p:xslt, and that transform attempts to use
multiple <xsl:result-document />s to write documents to disk, these
documents are not actually written to disk.  Instead, the sequence of
documents is made available on the "secondary" output port of p:xslt.
This is true even if the <xsl:result-document /> element has an @href

Is this the intended behavior, or should xsl:result-document be
allowed to write to disk?  I don't see in the spec where it specifies
one way or another.  For the current problem I'm facing, I'd like it
to, but I can see arguments against it.

Example pipeline below.

    xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" >

                <xsl:stylesheet version="2.0">