Re: Does XProc support event-driven processing?

"Costello, Roger L." <costello@mitre.org> writes:
> Does XProc support event-driven processing?
>
> Here's an example to illustrate what I mean:
>
>    Hey, any time during the pipeline processing,
>    if the value of <Purchase_Quantity> changes,
>    fire a step to update <Total_Cost>.
>
> Can you think of a way to express this in XProc?

Not in the way you describe. There aren't "conditional events" "off to
the side" like that.

I'd express that as a near-identity-step that did nothing but update
the <Total_Cost>. I'd put that step after any step that might change
the quantity.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Nothing is really work unless you would
http://nwalsh.com/            | rather be doing something else.--James