Re: Fileutils

From: James Fuller <james.fuller.2007@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 18:43:46 +0200
To: Leif Warner <abimelech@gmail.com>
Cc: XProc Dev <xproc-dev@w3.org>
On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 6:29 PM, Leif Warner <abimelech@gmail.com> wrote:

>> cfx:head
>>
>> cfx:tail
>
> As in taking the head or tail of text files?
> Could you use some XPath like substring() or tokenize() on a p:data to split
> up a file that way?

not directly on p:data (as its not xml of course) ... I would like to
return xml result

<file:head start='0' end='100'>
<file:line></file:line>
.... 100 lines ...
</file:head>

also I have no problem with standardizing extensions which themselves
can be implemented using an xproc pipeline ... the key thing is to get
the interface right so we don't have something different everywhere.

cheers, Jim Fuller