Re: [ANN] XProc Graphical Editor

Leif Warner <abimelech@gmail.com> writes:

> Hey, I've got a preliminary XProc editor running online to play with:
>
> http://feedscape.appspot.com/

Very cool!

> last feature, would XProc processors be ok with the libraries having
> an extra 'e:type="xsd:boolean"' attribute on the option descriptions,
> like in http://www.w3.org/TR/xproc/langspec.xml, or perhaps some
> comments, to indicate what kind of forms to make in the interface? I
> want to have an XML DB on the backend, too; i.e. for caching search
> results, feeds, what have you.

Extension attributes should be fine. I guess I should drop this into
exproc.org so we can all do it the same way.

My implementation actually takes an augmented format as its input for
the standard steps:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!-- $Id: typed-pipeline-library.xml,v 1.48 2009/05/26 19:41:26 NormanWalsh Exp $ -->
	   xmlns:cx="http://xmlcalabash.com/ns/extensions"

> Speaking of calling Calabash from other apps, anyone else have any
> experience to share in doing so? (e.g. with David A. Lee's xmlsh?) I
> was thinking it might be nice to have a "driver" or something in
> Calabash to offer a more simple API interface of just
> "runPipeline(inStream, outStream)" or "runPipeline(xdmNode, xdmNode)",

I definitely plan to provide and document a simple(r) API for calling
Calabash.

> etc... I had to hack com.xmlcalabash.util.URIUtils to return things
> other than file:// URLs for things like base URLs (that was a Google
> App Enginge specific necessity, as GAE does NOT like you touching
> files), and I overrode com.xmlcalabash.io.WritableDocument to ennable
> you to pass in an arbitrary OutputStream, rather than having
> System.io.Outputstream hard-coded in.

Ah. That's the sort of feedback I need for such an API.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Every new beginning comes from some
http://nwalsh.com/            | other beginning's end.