RE: storing in non-existent folder?

From: <Toman_Vojtech@emc.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 04:03:18 -0400
To: <xproc-dev@w3.org>
> In Calabash, the following:

> select="concat($output-folder,'/',$file-stem,'.ext')"/>
>
> fails if the folder referenced by $output-folder does not
> already exist.

...and you would get the same behaviour with our XProc processor, too.
The specification is not clear about this.
Similar question arises wrt overwriting existing resources. Should
p:store overwrite existing files? In our implementation, it does.

One solution to this could be to add extension attributes to p:store
that would control the behavior of the step. XProc processors that don't
understand these attributes would simply ignore them and do whatever
their impl of p:store does.

But perhaps a better solution would be to use the steps from the
fileutils extension library (mkdir etc.)

Regards,
Vojtech