p:http-request's send-authorization use case?

From: Florent Georges <fgeorges@fgeorges.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 15:43:04 +0100
To: XProc Dev <xproc-dev@w3.org>

  Hi,

  In p:http-request, what's the intent of send-authorization?  I
understand what the processor is supposed to do, but I would like
to know why it is helpful.  Why not always send credentials on
the first request, when specified?  I guess this is related to
security, to not send credentials without the user explicitly
requesting so?

  Maybe a real use case could help here.

  BTW, the recent comments I raised about this step is because I
got inspired from it to design an equivalent feature for XSLT.  I
thought it would be helpful to have same names for attributes,
etc.  You can see it at:

    http://www.fgeorges.org/xslt/exslt2/http-client.html

and discussions at: http://lists.fourthought.com/pipermail/exslt/.

http://www.fgeorges.org/