Extra whitespace in tests ... delete-001, bug in test ?

From: David A. Lee <dlee@calldei.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 20:07:53 -0500
To: "XProc Dev" <xproc-dev@w3.org>

In required/delete-001.xml the input document is:

<t:input port='source'>

</t:input>

( note the blank lines before and after p:delete )

The output doesnt conatiain the WS:

<t:output port='result'>

In my implementation I delete the <p:delete> as specified and leave the
whitespace alone.
But this then fails both a deep-equal() test and my own xml diff which is
(correctly, IMHO) indicating
a difference.

Is this a bug in the test cases ? Or am I missing something in the specs
about stripping out WS when doing p:delete .. ?

I think the input should not have the blank lines or the output should be
<t:output port='result'>

-David