[closed] Re: re p:filter-002

James Fuller <james.fuller.2007@gmail.com> writes:
> I know the intent of the test, the question is 'where are the words'
> that say its ok to output an empty sequence (either in p:filter or
> p:input) if a select doesn't select anything.

Actually, I don't think the words in 5.1 allowed it even in the
p:input case. That's clearly an editorial oversight. I fixed the
problem this way:

  It is a dynamic error (err:XD0016) if the select expression on a
  p:input returns atomic values or anything other than element or
  document nodes (or an empty sequence).

Please let us know if you are not satisified with this resolution.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | The great man is he who has not lost
http://nwalsh.com/            | the heart of a child.-- Mencius