Re: [ANN] xprocxq v0.6.74 BETA an XProc processor written in XQuery

From: David A. Lee <dlee@calldei.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 16:15:33 -0400
To: James Fuller <james.fuller.2007@gmail.com>
CC: "xproc-dev@w3.org" <xproc-dev@w3.org>
I think this is a fantastic effort.  ! Good going !

How much work do you think it would take to implement this in "saxon b"
(the "free" version) ?
I would enjoy implementing this as an extension module to xmlsh, as well
as perusing the source for my own education on how to use Xquery for
complex things.

James Fuller wrote:
> Hello All,
> Just released xprocxq, which is an experimental bootstrap
> implementation of W3C XProc Draft Specification, written in xquery.
> xprocxq project information and download
> http://code.google.com/p/xprocxq/
> xprocxq runs within eXist XML Database  but the original prototype was
> developed using SAXON-SA. I am planning to support more XQuery
> processors in the future but will focus on making xprocxq as compliant
> as possible for eXist XML Database. Future releases of xprocxq will be
> built and installed as part of eXist XML Database own build process.
> For BETA releases you will have to build xprocxq or download release
> zip and install manually into eXist.
> I rest for a few hours now but will be back online to answer
> questions, etc later on tonite.
> cheers, Jim Fuller

David A. Lee