Re: Extension function prefixes/namespace

"David A. Lee" <dlee@calldei.com> writes:
> I'm implementing the extension functions for the XProc processor.
> I cant find anywhere in the specs which defines explictly what the
> "prefix" has to be.
> The examples use "p:" and by implication

They have to be in the XProc namespace, and they have to have a
prefix, but the actual prefix is irrelevant.

> So by power of deduction, seeing "p:" used for extension functions
> implies maybe these functions are supposed to be really
> "Whatever prefix is in the namespace scope which is bound to the URL
> http://www.w3.org/ns/xproc"

Yes.

> Here's my confusion.   From an implementation point of view (and maybe
> a spec point of view?)
> XProc extension functions dont really belong to "namespaces" they are
> associated with "prefixes" (???).
> XQuery functions, on the other hand do follow a rigerous namespace
> model, but XProc functions dont seem to.

They do. If they don't seem to, that's editorial clumsiness on my
part.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | We do not know what thoughts stirred in
http://nwalsh.com/            | the mind of the last of the mastodons,