XProc enables REST and SOAP web service orchestration!

From: Costello, Roger L. <costello@mitre.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 09:20:11 -0400
To: "'xproc-dev@w3.org'" <xproc-dev@w3.org>

Hi Folks,

Yesterday I discovered this exciting XProc step:

     p:http-request

I am still learning the details of this step, but it appears that this step enables orchestration of both RESTful web services as well as SOAP-based web services.

That is, using this step I can do the typical REST interactions:

   GET a resource
   POST to a resource
   PUT to a resource
   DELETE a resource

And using this step I can do the typical exchange of SOAP documents.

Do you agree?

Do you agree that XProc supports both REST and SOAP web service orchestration?

/Roger