From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 14:05:10 -0400
To: XProc Dev <xproc-dev@w3.org>
Subject: Re: possible bug in p:iteration select

James Garriss <james@garriss.org> writes:
[...]
> It returns a list as expected:
>
> <c:directory xmlns:c="http://www.w3.org/ns/xproc-step" name="albums">
> <c:file name="beautiful_new.xml"/>
> <c:file name="considering_lily.xml"/>
> <c:file name="i_2_(EYE).xml"/>
> </c:directory>
>
> So I add a p:for-each with a p:iteration-source to enable me to process each
> XML file:

> Pipeline failed: org.xproc.XProcException:
> net.sf.saxon.s9api.SaxonApiException: Cannot create an attribute node (name)
> whose parent is a document node

There error message is a bit awkward, but the problem *is* that you're
trying to create an attribute node as a document.

What you want is something more like this:

Unfortunately, that doesn't work in Calabash 0.6.3. All I can do is
repeat my promise to try to get an 0.6.4 out this week that fixes this
bug.

> It seems that XProc is trying to *create* an attribute instead of *reading*
> the value of the attribute.
>
> Is that a bug?

No :-)

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Why shouldn't things be largely absurd,