Re: p:validate-with-xml-schema

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 11:42:51 -0400
To: XProc Dev <xproc-dev@w3.org>
James Garriss <james@garriss.org> writes:
> I assume that I'm not the first person to think of this.  If so, why hasn't
> this been done already?  If not, is there someplace that I should go to make
> this an official suggestion to the WG?

I don't think anyone has previously proposed it. The place to send
change requests and other comments on the spec is
public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org

If you'll send your message to that list, I'd be grateful.

Note, however, that once you've put the pipeline in a library, it's not
really any more or less convienent to call

  px:is-valid

than it is to call

  p:validate-with-xml-schema

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | It costs a great deal to be reasonable;