	From: xproc-dev-request@w3.org [mailto:xproc-dev-request@w3.org]
On Behalf Of James Garriss
	Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2008 2:54 PM
	To: XProc Dev
	Subject: Re: compound steps and primary inputs

	I understand what a primary input port is.  What I don't know is
how I know that p:for-each has only one input.  If I look at a step like
p:filter, it's obvious from it's declaration (I'm catching on to the
terms!) that it has only one input port:

<!-- XPathExpression -->

	But p:for-each doesn't seem to have a declaration.  It looks
sorta like BNF/parser-token-stuff to me.  So what tells me that
p:for-each has only one input?

	  name? = NCName>
	    ((p:iteration-source? &
	      (p:output |