canonicalize?

From: James Garriss <james@garriss.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 15:35:31 -0400
To: XProc Dev <xproc-dev@w3.org>
As I've work with p:compare, I noticed that it not only compared content
(elements, attributes, etc) but also formatting (spaces, indents, etc).
Laying aside whether that's a good thing or not, it seems to me that this
might well be an issue for some user.  It also seems that being able to
canonicalize the XML would solve the problem.  And of course, being able to
canonicalize is a step required XML Signature.

Is there a canonicalize capability in the current XProc WD?  I couldn't find
one.

If not, any chance of there being one in version.next?

TIA,

James Garriss
http://garriss.blogspot.com