Re: Do pipelines have ports?

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 09:30:15 -0400
To: James Garriss <james@garriss.org>
Cc: XProc Dev <xproc-dev@w3.org>
James Garriss <james@garriss.org> writes:

> The closest thing I have found is this, an indirect reference in section 2:
> A pipeline is a set of connected steps, with outputs of one step flowing
> into inputs of another.] A pipeline is itself a step.

I was hoping it was less indirect:

[Definition: An atomic step is a step...]
[Definition: A compound step is a step...]

And a pipeline is a compound step, so by extension...

Does that help?

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Never contend with a man who has
http://nwalsh.com/            | nothing to lose.-- Gracián