Re: How does a processor get selected?

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 09:23:19 -0400
To: James Garriss <james@garriss.org>
Cc: XProc Dev <xproc-dev@w3.org>
James Garriss <james@garriss.org> writes:

> Suppose I¹m using Calabash, and it has its own XSLT processor (engine).
> Suppose I later decide I want to use a different XSLT processor, like Saxon.
> Does XProc itself allow me to select which processor to use?  Or is that
> implementation defined?  Or is that even an option?

Calabash doesn't have its own XSLT engine, it relies on Saxon. At the moment,
there aren't any hooks to use a different processor. I'll probably add that
eventually, but there are lots of things higher on the todo list :-)

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | We ought not to heap reproaches on old
http://nwalsh.com/            | age, seeing that we all hope to reach