precedence in calabash

From: James Fuller <james.fuller.2007@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 21:46:16 +0100
To: "XProc Dev" <xproc-dev@w3.org>

consider pipe.xpl that comes with calabash ...if a source input port
is defined it will output this as a kind of identity transform.

a similar situation is the following pipeline;

            xmlns:p="http://www.w3.org/ns/xproc"
            xmlns:my="http://www.example.org/test/mine">

                <test/>

<my:identity/>

where my:identity should IMHO behave in the same manner but I test
<test/> element even when I define source input port at the
commandline... is it my understanding of the spec that is incorrect ?

tia, J