Any work on an xproc implementation in XSLT?

From: Alan Painter <alan.painter@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 15:51:33 +0100
To: xproc-dev@w3.org

Just a general question on XProc,

I know that Calabash is based upon the Saxon APIs.

But I'm curious if anyone (other than yours truly) has been thinking
about or working on an XSLT implementation of XProc.

One couldn't do everything in XSLT, but it seems to me that a lot of
it could be implemented in this way and you would get a lot of the
implementation "for free".

Try/Catch wouldn't work directly (except perhaps in the Saxonica SA
extensions) but would require some redirection.

Anyone else think that an XSLT implementation would be worth a shot?

cheers

-alan