Re: using p:variable

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 15:35:34 -0500
To: XProc Dev <xproc-dev@w3.org>
"Dave Pawson" <dave.pawson@gmail.com> writes:

> Just note how long winded it is to do such a simple thing Norm?
> I'm less sure how clear the use case is for it though.

I guess it's a little bit long-winded, but you only have to do it once
and stick it in a library and then it's as simple as

  <ex:set-value .../>

The WG has tried to avoid introducing new steps when their behavior
can be easily fabricated with existing steps. Not that I'll claim that
was a hard-and-fast rule.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Linux. Because rebooting is for
http://nwalsh.com/            | hardware upgrades.