Re: Schematron for xproc validation

From: Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 10:54:09 +0000
To: "XProc Dev" <xproc-dev@w3.org>

2008/12/15 Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>:
> "Dave Pawson" <dave.pawson@gmail.com> writes:
>> I think Schematron could do a good job, but listing the 'rules' could
>> take a while!
>
> I think Schematron could do it, but I agree, some of the rules would
> be pretty hairy. I find RNG validation covers enough of the common
> errors to be sufficient for my needs.

Compare our positions Norm :-)

I guess I'm more representative of new users than you?

E.g. pipeline, six steps, works OK on default
connections.
  Then I introduce a variable after the third step
(xslt background).
  It all falls apart!

I think Schematron could handle the subtleties.

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.