Re: calabash: redefining standard step

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 10:14:10 -0500
To: XProc Dev <xproc-dev@w3.org>
"James Fuller" <james.fuller.2007@gmail.com> writes:

> consider the following pipeline

>             xmlns:p="http://www.w3.org/ns/xproc">
>
> <!-- should not evaluate this declare-step //-->

> should this not throw an error ? perhaps err:XS0002 or

It could throw err:XS0002, but I think we need a new error because
an attempt to declare "p:my-new-step" should also fail.

In fact, the spec already forbids it:

  Except as described in Section 2.13, ‚ÄúVersioning Considerations‚ÄĚ,
  the XProc namespace must not be used in the type of steps. Neither
  users nor implementers may define additional steps in the XProc
  namespace.

but through editorial carelessness, I seem to have forgotten to
explicitly make it a static error.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | In a universe of electrons and selfish
http://nwalsh.com/            | genes, blind physical forces and