Re: Calabash problem - primary port(s)

From: Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 18:11:11 +0000
To: "XProc Dev" <xproc-dev@w3.org>

2008/12/7 Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>:

> Consider the role of an atomic step in a pipeline. It accepts some
> number of inputs and produces some number of outputs. It's a black
> box. It doesn't make any sense for *the step* to control where its
> output goes, that's the job for pipeline as a whole.

Not explicit in the CR? Unless I missed it?
 How'm I supposed to intuit this Norm?
With a pipeline of a single atomic step I'm thinking I am controlling where it's
output goes, i.e. they are one and the same thing?

Hence I see that as

step
  input from a.xml
  identity
  output to b.xml
/step

That seems quite logical to me.. Yet clearly doesn't fit the
model you have.

I guess it's down to the lack of symmetry.

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.