Re: Why can't I specify input and output document?

From: Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 14:40:10 +0000
To: "James Sulak" <jsulak@gmail.com>, xproc-dev <xproc-dev@w3.org>

2008/12/7 James Sulak <jsulak@gmail.com>:
> According to the definition of p:output (5.4):
>
> "If a binding is provided for a p:output, documents are read from that
> binding and those documents form the output that is written to the
> output port. In other words, placing a p:document inside a p:output
> causes the processor to read that document and provide it on the
> output port. It does not cause the processor to write the output to
> that document."
>
> So that's why it doesn't work.  But as to how to make it work, I'm not
> sure yet.

I was trying to use it as the inverse of p:input... i.e.
specifying the output file I wanted as the child of p:document!

I can see some logic in your interpretation...
that matches the p:input logic
though it seems unreasonable to do it that way, I hope you are wrong James!

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.