xs:all with substitutionGroup members

From: Pete Cordell <pete++xmlschema-dev@codalogic.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2019 10:54:35 +0100
To: "xmlschema-dev@w3.org" <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>
Hi All,

In XSD 1.0, can an xs:all model group contain a particle that refers to
a substitution group?

In my head I see substitution groups as an alternative way of building
xs:choice like constructs.  As xs:all only allows Content of
(annotation?, element*), by my rule, an element that refers to a
substitution Group wouldn't be permitted.

Is this the case?  If so, (for bonus marks) where does the spec say?

Thanks,

Pete.
Pete Cordell
Codalogic Ltd